Sales & Business Development Manager
As the Sales & Business Development Manager, the candidate will use their creativity and previous sales leadership abilities to shape my client’s sales strategy in the defibrillators and sudden cardiac arrest industry. This candidate will launch sales campaigns to bring my client’s products to market via innovative means. With a penchant for detail and a love for metrics, this candidate will keep a finger on the pulse of the entire sales program, tracking progress and adjusting course when necessary to exceed the company’s sales targets.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement sales initiatives, strategies, and programs to capture key demographics,
- Implement marketing strategies, analyzing trends and results,
- Lead and motivate an inside sales support team to ensure the team is delivering the desired results. Assess the strengths and weaknesses of the sales team and manage the sales program accordingly,
- Establish and adjust selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, supply and demand in collaboration with AED manufacturers,
- Provide weekly/monthly status update reports to senior leadership comparing to targets outlined,
- Handle all aspects of AED department issues that occur (Health Canada Audit, Recalls, etc.)
- Maintain a current knowledge of all products including those of the client’s competitors,
- Attend trade shows as required,
- Respond to RFPs as opportunities are presented.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field,
- Sales leadership experience by motivating, leading and mentoring a sales support team,
- Sales strategy experience by taking business and marketing intelligence and creating and being accountable for a sales strategy that incorporates penetrating new markets, maintaining existing clients, and sales forecasting,
- Strong knowledge of sales processes and excellent closing skills,
- Demonstrated the ability to be highly organized with strong time management skills,
- Strong written and verbal communication skills,
- Ability to quickly establish genuine rapport,
- Self-motivated on their own personal and professional development,
- Big picture thinker with the ability to create BHAG (big hairy audacious goals) and deliver on those BHAG as a collective team. Stand-alone players are not welcomed.
Details About The Company
My client’s entrepreneurial spirit continues to fuel their journey to be one of the world’s best companies. For nearly two decades, they have been enabling peace of mind, and have been recognized as one of the fastest growing companies in Canada for each of the last six years.
They were created to increase access to life-saving Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs). Since implementing B.C.’s first workplace AED program, they have expanded their reach to include offices, hotels, airports, planes, trains, and even automobiles. In recent years, their community-wide Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) programs have resulted in over 700 AEDs being placed in neighbourhoods throughout the province. To this day, they remain passionately committed to their fights against Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA).
There is still much work for my client to do. SCA claims 40,000 Canadian lives a year, so there is still much work to do. They have a unique-to-industry tool in the Ambu Smartman, the best AEDs on the market, and a team with unparalleled passion behind them.